Don & Pat Kelley Thoughts

My Wife, the Gardener

She dug the plot on Monday, the soil was rich and fine;
She forgot to thaw out dinner, so we went out to dine.
She planted roses Tuesday; she says they are a must.
They really are quite lovely, but she forgot to dust.
On Wednesday, it was daisies; they opened with the sun –
All Whites and pinks and yellows, but laundry wasn’t done.
The poppies came on Thursday – a bright and cherry red.
I guess she really was engrossed – she never made the bed.
It was dahlias on Friday, in colors she adores.
It never bothered her at all – all the crumbs upon the floor.
I hired a maid on Saturday; my week is now complete.
My wife can garden all she wants; the house will still be neat.
It’s nearly lunchtime Sunday, and I can’t find the maid.
Oh no! I don’t believe it. She’s out there with the spade!

From Garden Gateway’s,
The publication of Garden Clubs of Georgia, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment